The freedom to be ordinary
We believe that every person should have the opportunity to be ordinary…..To live as active citizens in their local community and enjoy a fulfilled life that others have the opportunity to enjoy!”
We can offer support, advice, signposting and Connections to any person living in Shetland with additional support needs. Our aim is to support local people to maximize their Direct Payment and to encourage and support them to be creative in how they want to live their lives. We offer support and advice for arranging direct payment packages, giving information, helping people in becoming an employer and working with Personal Assistants’.
We are an independent organisation offering support to people of all ages, children, families, adults and older people.
- FREE – there is NO charge for our service.
- We work across ALL of Shetland including the Isles.
- We work with individuals with or without an assessment and with or without a Direct Payment in place.
- We can receive referrals from individuals themselves, families, carers, Social Work,Education, NHS, Housing, Criminal Justice and the Voluntary Sector.
- Individuals can “self-refer” into the service
Shetland Community Connections has a Service Manager who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the organisation and a Board of Trustees that manage the strategic development of the organisation. The Manager works with and oversees a team of “Connectors” who will provide independent information and support to access community life in Shetland.