Shared Lives support workers/carers
For those interested in working differently.
Here's some of the ways we differ :-
The key difference is our approach is all about building long term relationships based on mutual intrests, shared sence of humour and an understanding of the uniqueness of us all.
Using ordinary homes and local community opportunities.
Accessing the natural local landscape, using public buildings and taking part in community events.
Here are some of our differences -
- during the application process you identify the areas of support that you feel best suit you and your home.
- using your own home and community, as a base, you will provide sessional support to Adults ( 18+).
- you support the person you agree to be matched with, on a ' one to one ' and long term basis, or a shorter time supporting a transition.
- you choose hours that fit with your other commitments.
- there is no upper age limit with over 18 being the requirment along with a satisfactory medical
- no svq's or care qualifications are required.
- high level of ongoing regular support and training are provided by our registered manager.
- you have membership of the uk wide 'shared lives plus' joining over 10,000 carers who choose this way to work.
- Shared Lives Shetland is the fourteenth Shared Lives service in Scotland, many have been running for 15 years
- your pets can be part of shared lives too
- this is a self employed opportunity run by Shetland Community Connections with sessional rates of pay.
- You are provided with full induction and ongoing support with regular local catch ups with other Shetland Shared Lives support workers and are very much part of a team helping to grow this new service.
Sharing your intrests - sharing is caring
Is nature your thing ? or Art , gardening , cooking , music and dancing or is woodwork you passion?
Perhaps you have a garden or hen run , a tool shed , a poly tunnel, nearby beach or drum kit ?
Or do you have space to bake , a comfy chair for knitting and reminiscing ?
Sharing walks, joining classes together at the leisure centre, going to local events and getting involved in local volunteering and activities are all part of the matched and sharing of community activities.
Other people will favour the quieter environments of story telling , photography , cooking and crafts and these are valuable activities when matched to intrests.
Shared Lives Shetland is about helping people enjoy life and have choice and control,
to increase well being, build confidence and independance using the ordinary every day experiences that others sometimes take for granted.
All this adds up to a highly personalised , rewarding and satisfying way to work and that sence of giving something back whilst still earning.
Interested to find out more ?
contact Jane on - 07385965200 or 01595745093
email - email@example.com